Sunday, December 1, 2013

Round 2, Days 11-14

Our Advent Calendar and some of our Lego Christmas Village
Happy December 1st!

I've been soaking up the time with Mom while she's here - she'll be going home to Toronto tomorrow :( It's been a wonderful time together and I'm so thankful for all the good food, chats and quality time we've had together.

Energy levels have slowly been rebuilding. Generally I've been feeling pretty good. There was a bad spell yesterday with chills, headache and nausea, but that thankfully died down after the tylenol and backup anti-nausea meds kicked in.

We even made it out to the Christmas Market outside the Queen Elizabeth Theatre this past week to enjoy the food, carousel and sights!

We got to see my cousin Jonathan today - I don't think my mom had seen Jon since my brother's wedding. As usual, my cousin spoiled us and brought a whole trunkful of goodies. Thank you Jonathan! Next time just bring yourself - we love spending time with you!
Some of the many goodies from Jonathan!
Some have been marvelling that I've been writing Christmas cards and have finished all our Christmas shopping (don't hate me - I had to plan around my cycles of exhaustion) already. I figure that cancer has robbed my family of a lot already - it's not going to rob us of my favourite time of year as well! I'm determined to continue on with as many of our traditions as possible and to celebrate the birth of Jesus with as much joy as possible.

We started the special Adventures in Odyssey advent devotions today and put the first wooden ornament on our wooden advent calendar. We also received a special delivery of a Star Wars lego advent from two of the lovely Watson ladies :)

And thanks to the lovely cake Jonathan brought earlier, we were able to celebrate three December birthdays together…

Nolan and his two grandmas - all December babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment