Thursday, January 2, 2014

Round 4, Day 3-4

The good news - Friday's AFP (cancer marker) levels were down to 13. Getting very close to normal levels!

The bad news - definitely feeling a lot more run down earlier in the cycle. Last night I slept for about 15 hours on and off due to the fatigue (and disruptive hot flashes) that come from low energy reserve and 4 cycles of aggressive chemo. Friday's blood levels also showed my white blood cell (WBC) counts are down, meaning they need to do an extra blood test tomorrow. If they are still depressed, I may need to either receive injections to boost them up (you all probably know how much this needle phobe doesn't want this option) or skip one of the chemo drugs if I'm at high risk of infection. The most ideal option is for WBC counts to have rebounded a bit by tomorrow, so if you're praying folk, please do keep this in prayer.

Each day though, I say to Jer - this is hopefully the last "day x" I have to go through!

As my friend Iz reminded me:
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment