Thursday, January 9, 2014

Round 4, Day 8-11

Day 8 blood test and Day 9 treatment went pretty well. Got one of my favourite nurses, Christina, starting the IV line - she gets it in quick without prolonging the pain / discomfort. Two more blood tests tomorrow and Monday, then my last treatment, God-willing, on Tuesday!

My energy is taking a lot longer to come back this time. Sleep hasn't been great and fingers are feeling like clumsy numb and painful sausages. Usually by Day 10 I'm feeling pretty good and close to normal. While yesterday was a bit of a turning point, I'm still feeling quite tired. They say it'll take anywhere from 3-12 months before I feel completely back to my old self.

I think I'll have to call it a night!

2 comments:

  1. You are almost there, Mel!! Glad to hear that you had your fave nurse :) I thought it was so cute that Jer cared about what others thought about taking you to Wendy's....heehehe.... Any other cravings? I can get you what you are craving.... Have a good night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,hugs and much prayer from Rick and Peggy

    ReplyDelete