Friday, January 3, 2014

Round 4, last day 5!

I've had a real craving for poutine last night and today. We went fast food poutine via Wendy's but it hit the spot. Jer said he felt a bit sheepish, thinking people may have been judging him for bringing his cancer patient wife to fast food, but let it be known I couldn't stop thinking or talking about it last night :)

God-willing, last time I'll have a saline-locked IV line protected by miles of gauze :)

Thank you for your prayers - my WBC counts went up and treatment went ahead as usual without need for extra injections. The blood test today was quite painful as my vein was rolling and not cooperating - the nurse had to "manoever" the needle around in my arm to get the needle in the right place. Thankfully I had my captain No-no right beside me to give me moral support.

And my IV line held out for all 5 days again! Woo hoo! The nurses always seem a bit surprised that it holds so I'm so super thankful that it held for me 3 out of 4 rounds!

Energy is very low and I think the IV site will result in a bit of a bruise, but I'm excited that I just have two more chemo treatments after today. Then it's the waiting game as we wait to see what February's CT scan shows.

We've tentatively booked flights to Honolulu for March. Here's hoping we get to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment