Thursday, October 24, 2013

Round 1, Day 1


Lovely view from my room at the BCCA
Of the many small mercies God has blessed me with, a private room with a beautiful view of downtown and the mountains is icing on the cake. Normally private rooms are reserved for those requiring isolation but our nurse Val thought it would be a nice beginning of the first round for us. Thank you Lord.

A little mishap with the IV meant I ended up poked twice. Apparently I am so tense about those darn needles that eventually they had to give me some Ativan to calm me down.

The good news is that once the IV is in and my arm gets used to the sting of having the IV needle in my arm, the fluids flowing in don't cause immediate reaction. We'll see how my body feels in the next few days.

A bit of bad news - Dr. Tinker & Dr. Xing just came by to tell me about the results of today's blood test - the AFP markers have jumped up to 1100, putting us into the 4 cycles of chemo range. Not what we were hoping for as the risks for the chemo drugs increase as your exposure increases.

Yet I do get a beautiful view. And thanks to the faithful prayers of our friends and family, the beautiful ladies who uplifted our family in prayers last night, along with our friends Abe & Soo who sat with me during the first chemo treatment (when it was delayed and Jer had to pick up Nolan), we had a pretty good day.  And now Soo and I get our first slumber party ever in the hospital :)

No comments:

Post a Comment