Saturday, October 26, 2013

Round 1, Day 3

Sunny day again with beautiful view out the window. Company during the chemo with relatives, friends and lots of yummy food.

Appetite is going down a bit and energy levels are decreasing, but managed to still stuff in some Shanghainese sticky rice roll, fruit, Vietnamese noodles and spring roll and good conversation with loved ones. And of course hubby is perfecting the juicing with the fancy juicer courtesy of mom.

One of the first verses Jer and I memorized together when we learned I would have to receive chemotherapy:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7 NIV)

Ok, time to sleep... Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and the love and prayers showered upon us.

2 comments:

  1. He Knows My Name by Tommy Walker

    I have a Maker, He formed my heart
    Before even time began, My life was in his hands
    I have a Father, He calls me His own
    He'll never leave me, No matter where I go
    He knows my name, He knows my every thought
    He sees each tear that falls, And He hears me when I call.
    He knows my name, He knows my every thought
    He sees each tear that falls, And hears me when I call.

    You are in our hearts and prayers!

    Auntie Phoebie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie Phoebie - I love that song and the words. Thank you for your prayers and for the reminder in these lyrics.

      Delete