Friday, October 25, 2013

Round 1, Day 2

Another good day. If all days were like this, chemo would be a breeze. No nausea, no vomiting - these anti-nausea drugs are awesome. A little metallic taste in the back of my throat and mild discomfort and aches, but otherwise, feeling pretty good.

Alas, I know that this being the first round is as good as it will get - as the healthy cells get killed with the cancerous ones, and as my white blood cell levels are affected and rebound less quickly, I will get very tired and affected.

But I will rejoice over the good days right now. I am thankful that nurse Marcie was able to save me from having another IV line started ("I know I just met you, but I love you - you just made my day"). I'm thankful that Marcie was able to conjure up an extended day pass after my treatment was done so i could go home and put Noley to bed today. She also maneuvered it so I could extend into an overnight pass without losing my bed! So I get to sleep at home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment