Thursday, October 31, 2013

Round 1, Day 7-8 and Halloween fun!

Thank you all for your encouragement, cards, prayers. Thank you also for the kind comments about the new hair. We'll see how long it lasts before it falls out. For those interested in donating hair yourself, you don't need a special event or special hairstylist to do it - you just need at least 8 inches of hair. Just follow the instructions here: How Do I Donate Hair

But if you want the name and contact info of Anita, she is very good and I'll happily pass on her digits.

So, what they say about Day 7-14 being your most tired seems to ring true for me. I've been so exhausted. Waking up with a relatively good night's rest, I have enough energy to last about an hour or two before I feel completely drained and am literally crawling into bed. Then it's a matter of sleeping for a few hours to get maybe another 30-40 minutes of energy. I feel like an old ineffective rechargeable battery.

Knowing this, I've been trying to nap during the day so I have enough energy to be semi-conscious and present for the little guy. I love hearing him call my name when he comes in from school and hearing about his day.

And today being Halloween, I consciously tried to rest through all the phone calls (especially from BCCA*) so I could shore up enough energy to help Noley dress up and see him take in the Halloween fun with friends.

Thank you Chans for hosting yet another awesome Halloween. You've got star hosting power to congregate all those ninjas, pirates, sesame street characters, gnomes and superheroes and to attract your own fireworks show ;)

Mister finally decided what he wanted to be
Fuzzy phone photo of the assortment of characters

Miss Em gleefully digging into her treasure

Minnie and PJ Pirate before bed

I love my little mischievous mustachioed boy



*BCCA got their wires crossed between departments and dropped the ball on getting my day 9 & 16 treatments booked until I started calling them daily to hound them for a time. Thankfully it's all figured out now.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm super biased, but I think so too :) Thanks for stopping by the blog Vince!

      Delete