Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blessings

One of our favourite songs lately has also been a healing balm for a lot of the crazy this past little while. When my aunt passed away a day after we found out we had miscarried (the drama of that week will stay with me for awhile), my cousin also ended up using this song in one of her amazing tribute photo montage / videos for her mom. And there have been times driving in the car, I'm all-out bawling and singing and driving - cathartic, maybe a bit dangerous (I promise, I could still see through the tears), and garnering many bewildered looks from my fellow drivers.

Blessings

by Laura Story

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your word is not enough
And all the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not,
This is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near

What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Mel. This song speaks to me too, and I remember it touching me profoundly as I drove to visit Cliff at the hospital as well. Thanks for putting up the lyrics; I can never make out full lyrics in songs just by hearing! Praying that you will experience God's blessings and mercies, new every morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, I have this 365 questions journal where it asks you a questions every day for 5 years. Yesterday's was "Who is your hero?" and the first thought that popped into my head (after God) was you and Cliff for the grace, strength, realness and faith you've been facing this time with. Thank you guys for being a constant encouragement and a reminder of how best to glorify God through the trials of this life.

      Delete
  2. I love this song and heard it on Praise today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it loaded on my iPhone now so I can hear it anytime I need a reminder of His mercies in disguise :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this post! and all your wonderful words. I am praying that this song wash over you; that you feel His presence in each moment of the words that live in your heart. You are truly an amazing woman and a woman after God's heart, always looking to Him and may He comfort you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandie! He had proven Himself faithful and we trust He will continue to give us the strength we need :)

      Delete