Monday, November 18, 2013

Round 2, Day 1

My mom is cute - she bought her own masks before coming to Vancouver just in case. When we arrived at BCCA, she suddenly started sneezing - we think due to allergies or her own nervousness about what I would have to go through as her sneezing stopped after I got my IV inserted successfully. We found out she had actually bought dusk masks which while heavy duty looking don't do much for microscopic germs, so we asked for some from BCCA so the other patients wouldn't get worried by her sneezing.
Meet my mom :)
I brought "Heaven is for Real", courtesy of Sherry, to read aloud while trying to distract me from the IV poke. Each time, I'm less panicked and it is getting slightly better. I think the IV poke was as hard on my mom seeing her daughter go through it as it was on me. The IV is in an awkward place in my right hand so the movement is more restricted. Here's hoping this IV line does as well as last time :) The Ativan worked so well that I had a little nap after they inserted the IV. Super fatigue hasn't started yet, but I sure am "flushing" those drugs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment