Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Round 1, Day 14 - it has started

The hair has started falling out. Not terribly noticeable yet, but my palms don't normally look so hairy when I run them through my hair.

In happier news, I may be the only person in the history of chemo patients to likely gain weight due to the amazing food people have been bringing by. Thank you everyone for feeding my family so well.

And thanks to the fancy juicer my mom sent over, we've been creating some very interesting blends. As one who does not really like ginger (unless it's in the form of gingerbread), I surprised myself in today's juice blend:


Kale apple pomegranate ginger juice.

Just the tiniest bit of ginger but it did add a refreshing taste without being too zingy (is that a word?). Thank you Karen for helping me broaden my horizons by sending over some of your signature juice.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Mel and I'm sorry to hear that your hair has started to fall off.... just wanted to say that I'm thinking and praying for you! I can't believe that you had ginger in your juice! heehehe. Lemon is also a nice addition to your juice. I can make you my fave on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to taste it Iz! I can't believe I had ginger in my juice either...or that I've been so non-chalantly putting kale in my juice now. I have Noah to thank for that - if a 4 yr old can enjoy Auntie Driz's kale slurpee so much, I as an adult can suck it up and do the same :)

      Delete