Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Round 2, Day 8-9

Day 8 went relatively well. I still get tired easily and need at least one substantial nap to get through the day, but my energy levels are starting to recover. Had a nice visit with my cousin, grandma and a friend. Thanks Pam for the flowers, super smoothie and goodies!

We also got a lovely surprise early birthday gift for Nolan delivered - an old school bricks and imagination only lego set. He was so excited to show me his creations this morning. Thank you Wu's!!

With my spurt of energy this morning, we had a nice Mom and Daughter morning, complete with french pastries and some shopping.

Today's day 9 treatment started off a bit rough. I was a bit groggy from my nap and forgot to take my Ativan which resulted in two attempts before they could start an IV. Thanks to Isabel for driving and accompanying me, and helping me calm down so my veins wouldn't make it so difficult on the nurses. I've got my "take Ativan" scheduled with full alarms and whistles for my next treatment!

I get two days reprieve before my next poke for a blood test - yay :)

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome, Mel! I'm glad that I was able to drive you and be there....you did so well without the ativan. I actually thought it was called "antivan" and believe me, Vince made fun of me for a looooooooooooong while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha :) yeesh, how are we non medical people supposed to know anyway? My pronunciation must have been poor in my needle induced fear :)

    ReplyDelete